- Stress reduction
- Take a break from your hectic routine
- Helps you to meditate and clear your mind
- A form of exercise for your brain
- Stimulate your creativity
- Increased engagement in a small- group teaching environment
Manufactured in Switzerland and highly sought after by drawing masters, the Caran d’Ache Luminance is definitely not your TYPICAL colour pencils.
- 4 Long-lasting colours
- 4 Maximum covering power
- 4 High pigment concentration for intense, bright colours
- 4 Eco-friendly
- 4 Unlimited use of mixed media combinations, shading, superimposed colours
About the workshop
A 3-hour workshop that teaches you to create your own Mandala masterpiece in a small-group teaching environment. In this workshop, you will learn to render, blend and color with one of the highest quality pencils on wood or ceramic pieces. Get to create something aesthetically pleasing while you immerse yourself in the therapeutic effects of drawing repeated patterns. In the meanwhile, you can treat this as a break from your daily hectic routine and relax and spend quality time with your loved ones or friends.
Tips and tricks on creating your own Mandala
- Start in the center and work outwards
- Try not to leave large empty spaces
- Fill empty spaces with little details
- Work hard and stay patient when you don’t get immediate results
- Change your perspective if you find yourself stuck at certain points
What’s covered in the workshop
- Sketching on wood or ceramic
- Demonstration of techniques by an experienced instructor
- Tips and tricks on how to create a Mandala art piece
- Creating your own Mandala art piece
- Blending and coloring your Mandala art piece
All materials inclusive.
WHAT IS A MANDALA?
Mandala, which stands for circle, is an abstract design that is often circular in frame. Man- dalas can contain both geometric and organic forms. The benefits of creating your own Mandala include: stress reduction, an alternative to meditation, exercise for the brain and one’s creativity. “Mandala” has become a generic term for any diagram, chart or geometric pattern that represents the universe metaphysically or symbolically.
About the artist
Having worked in many advertising agencies, Jade Tan draws and paints in bold patterns with vibrant colours - which juxtaposes pensive, images with lush flora and fauna that glow with inner light. Jade is also an admirer of the Eastern and Western artistic traditions - both of which can be seen in her unique aesthetics - and has conducted various classes for corporate organisations, parents and children.